Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Sephora Mommy Must-Haves

Some of you know, but in my former life, I worked at the Sephora corporate offices in merchandising.  Back then I had the luxury of trying new products and being in the know of the hippest brands and latest innovations.  Although I no longer have my fabulous discount, and mommyhood has left me with a lot less time for makeup and skincare, there are still some items that I remain loyal to because they are time savers that keep me feeling refreshed and presentable (even when I've only had 4 hours of sleep with applesauce smeared in my hair).  Here are some of my faves:



1 - Urban Decay Naked Basics Palette:  I have the original, larger version that I absolutely love, but was so excited that they came out with a mini so I could fit it in my makeup bag for travel or on the go touch ups.  All the shades are matte which is perfect for everyday (and perfect for a less-shimmery mommy).

2 - Clarisonic:  I'll blame it on the hormones, but I completely broke out before and after pregnancy.  I tried several different products, but the only thing that helped clear up my skin was the Clarisonic brush.  I use it every night with my cleanser.

3 - Philosophy Vitamin C Powder:  I kept hearing about vitamin C being the most powerful anti-oxidant that protects your skin from free-radical damage.  I gave it a try and now I'm a believer.  It's evened out my skin tone and I love that it's preventative.  The best part is it's in powder form, so you can mix it with your favorite moisturizer or SPF.  

4 - Josie Maran SPF 40:  Speaking of SPF, this is my fave!  I love the way it feels on my skin, it's lightweight and not sticky at all.  It also contains argon oil, which is a natural ingredient that reverses sun damage and fights signs of aging.  

5 - Alterna Dry Shampoo:  For some reason my hair is more oily post-baby, I'll blame that on the hormones too!  I've tried several dry shampoos, even the ones in a spray can, and this is by far my favorite.  It absorbs any trace of oil, and doesn't have a strong smell or leave a chalky residue like some of the other brands.  Added bonus - it's anti-aging?  I always thought your hair was composed of dead cells, but hey, I'll take it!

6 - Urban Decay Primer Potion:  This is the only way my eyeshadow and eyeliner will stay on all day without creasing.  And all day I mean from 8am-8pm.

7 - Fresh Sugar Rose Balm:  I love this moisturizing lip balm with SPF 15 and just a hint of color.  I keep one on my vanity, one in my diaper bag, and one in the car.  

8 - Ole Henriksen Eye Cream:  To combat my sleep deprived eyes I use this eye cream every night and I'd like to say I look a little more energized in the morning.

That's all for now!  What are your favorite mommy must-have beauty products?


No comments:

Post a Comment