Monday, February 11, 2013

Upcycled Mommy to Baby clothes!

My mom gave me the idea of upcycling my clothes as I was cleaning out my closet one day.  Most of the clothes I was about to donate were still in great condition, so why not try to give it new life as something wearable and cute for my daughter?

My first project was converting one of my old shirts into a dress for Leah.  I didn't like the fit anymore, but the fabric was cute and soft enough for my daughter to wear.


I went to work with my scissors and pins.

  
I sewed up the seams and hemmed the bottom and sleeves to the appropriate length (after a fit session with my little model).


I had to cut a slit in the neckline and add snaps in order for the dress to fit over Leah's head.



And here is the final "upcycled" garment!  My little model had fun wearing it at the beach this weekend.




Stay tuned for more of my upcycling projects! 




2 comments: